Philadelphia, PA – Julie Green, P.E., Vice President of Hatch LTK’s New York Region, is among those being nationally honored by the Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) for outstanding contributions to America’s transportation industry.
COMTO will recognize Green and 12 others, including Lifetime Achievement Award winner Dr. Christine Darden, a former NASA aerospace engineer, during a “Celebrating Women Who Move the Nation” ceremony at its virtual National Meeting and Training Conference that will be held September 28-30.
Green has worked for Hatch LTK for 25 years and is responsible for oversight of the firm’s national provision of expert consulting support on procurement of rail vehicles and systems. She was the first woman at Hatch LTK to run a national practice (Revenue Systems & Technology) and the first female vice president.
“I am honored that COMTO included me among the top women in the industry,” said Green. “When I started my career, there weren’t many women in the industry. Now, thanks in large part to organizations such as COMTO, there are women and minorities in leadership positions throughout the country.”
Darden, a Congressional Gold Medal winner, was one of the researchers featured in the book and movie, Hidden Figures, which chronicled the African American women mathematicians, engineers, and researchers whose behind-the-scenes work played a crucial role in the success of Project Mercury’s human flight program in the late 1950s and early 1960s.
The other honorees are:
- Regine Beauboeuf, PE, Senior Vice President, Director, Infrastructure & Mobility Equity, HNTB
- Sharon Weston Broome, Mayor of Baton Rouge, LA
- Jan Prisby Bryson, Chairwoman, BenchMark Management
- Linda Bauer Darr, President & CEO, American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) Engineering
- Shannetta Griffin , P.E., Associate Administrator, Airports, Federal Aviation Administration
- Helen Tift McSwain, Senior Vice President, Rohadfox Construction Control Services
- Anita Miller, Chief Employee Relations and Administrative Officer, Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Jennifer Mitchell, Director, Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation
- Nicole Nason, Chief Safety Officer and Head of External Affairs, Cavnue
- Angie Rivera-Malpiede, Chairman of the Board, Regional Transportation District (RTD)
- Suzanne Shank, President & CEO, Siebert Williams Shank
Click here to register: COMTO National Meeting and Training Conference