Complementing our traction electrification and maintenance facility expertise, LTK also provides a full range of system-wide electrical engineering services. These services are usually provided as in support of civil and architectural design of right-of-way, stations and maintenance facilities, and cover the spectrum from conceptual design to design-support during construction and commissioning. Our goal is careful coordination with all design disciplines to ensure that raceways and infrastructure are appropriately considered and designed in the early phases of the project.
LTK's system-wide electrical engineering expertise covers a broad range of project needs:
- Low- and medium-voltage electrical distribution systems including redundant, medium-voltage distribution systems designed for extremely high reliability to critical transit systems.
- Ductbanks and other infrastructure to conceal and protect vital Systems cables.
- Station electrical systems including services, distribution panel boards, power raceways, convenience outlets and electrical power to station equipment such as fare vending and communications devices. We have also interfaced with a number of unique art projects involving visual and audible effects to enhance the passenger experience and community setting.
- Luminaries and circuit raceways and control equipment for stations, plazas, sidewalks, parking lots, parking structures, and roadways.
- Facility grounding systems
- Analysis of electric utility rate tariffs and billings.
- Facility engineering support during operations including power, lighting and control modifications to existing facilities.